Select An Institution: See All
Admissions Office, Advanced Standing or Direct Entry
(705) 749-5530 x 1514
Transfer Credit Advisor
(705) 749-5530 x 1131
David Adam Baker
(705) 749-5530 x 1268
Check out the following resources to learn more about credit transfer at Fleming College:
Review the admission requirements for all programs at Fleming College:
The minimum grade required to transfer a course to Fleming College is a "C" or equivalent.
View Fleming College’s transfer agreement opportunities:
Fleming College awards advanced standing and assigned (equivalencies) and unassigned credits in recognition of previous learning.
The amount of transfer credit you can receive is limited by Fleming College’s residency policy. The policy states that at least 25% of credits in a program of study must be completed at the College (Academic Regulations #2-201, Section 7.0, https://department.flemingcollege.ca/policies-procedures/attachment/80/download).
Fleming College will consider courses completed within the past 5 years for transfer credit.
Follow these steps in order to receive your PLAR assessment at Fleming College:
- Inquire about the PLAR process at the Registrar's Office. You may be directed to a Subject Coordinator, Program Coordinator, or Academic Chair for further assistance and information.
- If you wish to proceed, pay the PLAR fee in the Registrar's Office. The Registrar’s Office will notify the Academic Chair that fees have been paid and the assessment process begins.
- Upon receipt of application, fees and completed assessment, the Registrar's Office will notify you, in writing, of the PLAR results and credits granted, normally within 15 working days.
A PLAR assessment at Fleming College costs approximately $150.00 per course and the fee is non-refundable.
Transfer credits will be recorded on your Fleming College transcript as “EX” for specified individual courses and will not be included in GPA calculation.
Contact a Fleming College Transfer Advisor to discuss your credit transfer inquiries:
Familiarize yourself with Fleming College’s official credit transfer policies:
- Academic Regulations #2-201, https://flemingcollege.ca/PDF/Fleming-College-Academic-Regulations.pdf
Follow these steps in order to receive your transfer credit assessment at Fleming College:
- Complete your ontariocollege.ca application to designed advanced standing programs.
- Print and complete the ‘Transfer Credit’ application form, attach the required documents and submit it to the Registrar’s Office.
There is no fee required for a transfer credit assessment at Fleming College.
The documentation required to have your previously completed postsecondary education assessed for transfer credit at Fleming College includes:
- Official transcript(s)
- Course outline(s)
- Completed ‘Transfer Credit’ application form
The transfer credit request form is available within the myCampus Student Portal. Once the transfer credit application has been processed you will be notified by email. The results can be viewed in your transfer credit report which can be found in your Student Centre through your myCampus Student Portal
Apply to transfer credit at Fleming College within the 10th day drop/add period for the current semester.
A transfer credit decision at Fleming College will take 3 weeks to process, depending on the volume of requests. Students will be emailed to notify them of the results.
Transfer credit decisions are reviewed/appealed at Fleming College on a case-by-case basis. For more information contact the Registrar’s Office.
ONTransfer.ca endeavours to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding credit transfer; however, changes and updates to transfer opportunities happen on an ongoing basis. Students MUST check with the institution directly before applying to any program.