Select An Institution: See All
Office of the Registrar
(905) 845-9430 (Option 4)
Check out the following resources to learn more about credit transfer at Sheridan College:
Review the admission requirements for all programs at Sheridan College:
The minimum grade required to transfer a course to Sheridan College is 60% or "C", although some courses may have a higher minimum grade requirement.
View Sheridan College’s articulation agreement and transfer opportunities:
Credit Transfer Check Tool
Sheridan College awards advanced standing, specific credits (equivalencies), and non-specific General Education and Breadth elective credits in recognition of previous learning.
The amount of transfer credit you can receive is addressed by Sheridan College’s graduation policy. The policy states that at least 25% of the program of study must be completed at the College.
Sheridan College reserves the right to deny advanced standing requests for courses completed more than 5 years ago based upon current relevancy of course content, but will consider courses of any age.
Follow these steps in order to receive your PLAR assessment at Sheridan College:
- Download and complete the PLAR Self-Assessment form.
- Meet with a PLAR Advisor or Program Coordinator.
- Submit application payment when requested through myStudentCentre account and accept action plan.
- PLAR assessment is completed and grade awarded.
- As there is a fee and series of tasks associated with the PLAR application, all applicants must carry out a pre-application assessment and consult with a PLAR advisor to determine if they are eligible to proceed with their PLAR application.
- The deadline to apply for PLAR is the 10th day of classes.
- PLAR grades are entered using the grading basis for the course and are included in GPA calculation.
A PLAR assessment at Sheridan College costs $117.58 per course and the fee is non-refundable.
Transfer credits will be recorded on your Sheridan College transcript as either "AS" for advanced standing or “BT” for block transfer and will not be included in GPA calculation.
Contact a Sheridan College Transfer Advisor to discuss your credit transfer inquiries:
- Office of the Registrar, email@example.com, (905) 845-9430 (Option 4)
Familiarize yourself with Sheridan College’s official credit transfer policies:
Follow these steps in order to receive your transfer credit assessment at Sheridan College:
- Students apply through the online application in their myStudentCentre account.
- Select “Transfer Credit Request” from the Academics drop-down menu.
- Click “Advanced Standing” and follow the onscreen instructions.
There is no fee required for a transfer credit assessment at Sheridan College.
The documentation required to have your previously completed postsecondary education assessed for transfer credit at Sheridan College includes:
- Official transcript(s) (for international transcripts a WES or ICAS comprehensive or course by course evaluation is required)
- Course outline(s)
- Completed online application form
Complete the online application form at Sheridan College:
There is no deadline to apply for transfer credit at Sheridan College. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
A transfer credit decision at Sheridan College will take approximately 1-10 business days to process, once all documentation is received. During peak times, and where consultation is required, decisions may take longer.
Students can track the status of their transfer request through their myStudentCentre account in Access Sheridan: https://access.sheridaninstitute.ca.
A transfer credit decision can be reviewed/appealed at Sheridan College by consulting the Academic Appeals and Consideration Policy.
ONTransfer.ca endeavours to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding credit transfer; however, changes and updates to transfer opportunities happen on an ongoing basis. Students MUST check with the institution directly before applying to any program.