Select An Institution: See All
(705) 759-2554 x 2424
Check out the following resource to learn more about credit transfer at Sault College:
The minimum grade required to transfer a course to Sault College is 60% or "C".
View Sault College’s pathway opportunities:
Sault College awards advanced standing in recognition of previous learning.
The amount of transfer credit you can receive is limited by Sault College’s residency policy. The policy states that at least 25% of the senior-level program of study must be completed at the College.
Sault College will consider technical courses completed within the past 7 years for transfer credit.
Follow these steps in order to receive your PLAR assessment at Sault College:
- Obtain a course outline for the course from faculty, the Chair’s office, Program Coordinator, or the Alumni website (www.saultcollege.ca/services/alumni).
- Complete a PLAR Application for Challenge Exams in Student Services, Room E1101.
- Obtain available advance instruction from Student Services advising of any work required prior to writing the exam i.e. videotape of an oral presentation, written version of oral presentation, computer generated resume, etc.
- Pay the non-refundable fee in the Registrar’s Office.
- On the day of the exam, bring a copy of the registration form, a receipt for the challenge exam fee, and any advanced material that is required.
- Review your current course load and the effects of having fewer credit hours.
- Grades received on Challenge Exams will be recorded on student’s academic transcript and included in GPA calculation.
- The process begins with an appointment with a counsellor in Student Services, Room E1101 to complete a PLAR Portfolio Assessment application. To book an appointment, contact Student Services at 759-2554 x 2703 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- The counsellor will review the requirements necessary for a successful portfolio and complete a PLAR Portfolio Assessment application. The application will be submitted to the Chair of the appropriate school for review and approval.
- The student brings the approved application to Financial Services to pay the fee.
A PLAR assessment at Sault College costs $25.00 for a challenge exam and $75.00 for a portfolio assessment per course.
Transfer credits will be recorded on your Sault College transcript as "CR" and will not be included in GPA calculation.
Contact a Sault College Transfer Advisor to discuss your credit transfer inquiries:
- Vicky Turco, firstname.lastname@example.org, (705) 759-2554 x 2424
Follow these steps in order to receive your transfer credit assessment at Sault College:
- Apply to Sault College in the program that you’re interested in at www.ontariocolleges.ca.
- Contact the college or university you’ve graduated from and ask them to send you an unofficial transcript of your grades along with all of the course outlines (syllabi) for the courses you’ve completed.
- Complete a ‘Transfer Credit’ application (through the Sault College Portal or Registrar’s Office). You will need to include course outlines (syllabi).
- If the course has been previously evaluated and you meet the minimum requirements, you will be assigned the credit via the Admissions and Records Officer. If the course has not been previously evaluated, your application will be forwarded to the Program Coordinator/Chair for review and evaluation.
- The Program Coordinator/Chair evaluation process varies in duration depending upon the request and time of year, so students are encouraged to allow time for the process. Those who have applied to Sault College take priority for transcript and course outline review, but a conversation with the Program Coordinator/Chair first could provide you with some insight as to how many advanced standing credits may be available. An official transcript must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office for verification purposes.
There is no fee required for a transfer credit assessment at Sault College.
The documentation required to have your previously completed postsecondary education assessed for transfer credit at Sault College includes:
- Official transcript(s)
- Course outline(s)
- Completed ‘Transfer Credit’ application form
Complete the application form at Sault College:
- https://welearn.saultcollege.ca (available on the Sault College Portal located under the College Services tab, and then under Forms & Policies [login required])
Apply to transfer credit at Sault College shortly after the start of each semester (September, January and May). Exact deadlines are posted in the academic calendar available online.
A transfer credit decision at Sault College will take 1-5 weeks to process depending on whether the course has been previously evaluated, the Program Coordinator/Chair, and the timing of the application.
A transfer credit decision can be reviewed/appealed at Sault College by requesting a meeting with the Dean of your Academic School. Additionally, in some cases, if transfer credit is not granted you may have the option to write a Challenge Exam.
ONTransfer.ca endeavours to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding credit transfer; however, changes and updates to transfer opportunities happen on an ongoing basis. Students MUST check with the institution directly before applying to any program.