Skip To Content

Ontario Institutions

Select An Institution: See All

Humber College

Transfer Advisor

Chiara Filicetti - (416) 675-6622 x 2588
Jessica Chiong - (416) 675-6622 x 72179
Jameil King - (416) 675-6622 x 2655 


Expand All / Collapse All

  • The overall GPA in the related diploma program must be a minimum of 65% in order to be eligible for the degree block transfer. Applicants must also possess the required English prerequisite courses for admission. Explore your pathway options: Admission will be based on availability in the program.

    *The advanced standing outlined is a general guideline. Diploma graduates may be required to take courses in lower semesters in order to meet the overall degree learning outcomes.

  • The minimum grade required to transfer a course to Humber College is 60% for diploma to diploma level courses, 65% for diploma to degree level courses (only certain courses are eligible), 60% for degree to diploma level courses, and 60% for degree to degree level courses.*

    *Some exceptions may apply


    Bachelor of Science - Nursing Degree, the minimum grade for a certificate/diploma transfer credit to a degree transfer credit is 75%.

    The minimum grade required to a course to Humber College is 60% for diploma to diploma level courses, 65% for diploma to degree level courses (only certain courses are eligible), 60% for degree to diploma level courses, and 60% for degree to degree level courses.

  • View Humber College’s articulation agreement opportunities:

  • Humber College awards advanced standing for block transfer articulation agreements and exemptions (equivalencies) in recognition of previous learning.

    Advanced Standing/Block Transfer: occurs when a group of courses taken at a sending institution is equivalent to a group of courses required at the receiving institution. This means that graduates of a diploma program in Ontario having the same program outcomes as a Humber College diploma may be eligible for a block transfer. If approved, students may be able to complete their degrees in a shorter duration of time. Students will have to apply into first semester through, meet all admission requirements for the program and self-identify to the admission officer to begin the block transfer process. If not approved for a block transfer, students may look into individual transfer credits.

    Transfer Credits: occurs when individual transfer credit is awarded to students who have completed a similar or equivalent course at another postsecondary institution that is considered equal in content or academic value.

    Conferred Degree from a Canadian Postsecondary Institution: occurs when students may be eligible for exemption from their WRIT 100 level English course if they hold a conferred degree from a recognized Canadian postsecondary institution. This is not an automatic process. Students will still need to apply through the same transfer credit process for this exemption by indicating on their application form that they possess a conferred degree. 

  • The amount of transfer credit you can receive is limited by Humber College’s residency policy. The policy states that at least 25% of credits in a program of study must be completed at the College.

    For further details regarding our residency policy, please view the Academic Regulations (

  • Humber College will consider courses completed within the past 5 years for transfer credit for core courses and 10 years for Degree Breadth electives (LASB001), General Education electives (GENX001), MATH and WRIT courses. Students need to provide a detailed course outline from the year they took the course(s).

  • Follow these steps in order to receive your PLAR assessment at Humber College:

    • Applicants, who can demonstrate knowledge and skills gained outside a formal education environment through work, volunteer, or other life experiences, may apply for Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) if that knowledge and skill corresponds to a specific Humber College course or program. Credit for courses obtained through PLAR may normally replace no more than 50% of the course credits required for any degree program and 75% required for any diploma or certificate program.
    • Students obtain the course outline from the Academic School responsible for delivering the course.
    • Students review the course outline to determine if knowledge and skills match the course learning outcomes. Consult with the Program Coordinator if you need clarification.
    • If your Program Coordinator requests a portfolio submission, collect documents that support the application for PLAR. These might include: a resume, a description of experiences and learning that relate to the course being challenged, work samples, and letters of verification. Include a letter describing experiences and the learning that relates to the course outline. If your Program Coordinator requests that you sit for a challenge exam, please follow the steps below and the Academic School will arrange your exam once you have submitted your application and payment to the Office of the Registrar.
    • Complete the PLAR application form.
    • Submit the application form and supporting documents to The appropriate PLAR fee ($84 per course challenge) will be charged to your student account once all documents are received. Fee payments must be made via online banking or through your MyHumber account.
    • The form and supporting documents are passed to the course assessor who may contact students to arrange for additional demonstration of learning (personal interview, test or demonstration).
    • PLARs will have a percentage grade for challenge exams and “SAT” grades for approved portfolio assessments.

    If you have any questions or concerns, please contact For more information visit:

  • A PLAR assessment at Humber College costs $84 per course challenge. This is the non-refundable Ministry approved fee that must accompany the PLAR application form for the assessment process to begin.

  • Transfer credits will be recorded on your Humber College transcript as "TRC" and will not be included in GPA calculation. Conferred Degree exemptions for WRIT 100 level English courses will be recorded as “EXM” and will not be included in GPA calculation.

  • Contact a Humber College Transfer Advisor to discuss your credit transfer inquiries:

    Chiara Filicetti - (416) 675-6622 x 2588
    Jessica Chiong - (416) 675-6622 x 72179
    Jameil King - (416) 675-6622 x 2655

  • Follow these steps in order to receive your transfer credit assessment at Humber College:

    • To submit your application please click here for a step by step guide:
    • Once your application, official transcript, detailed course outline(s) and the appropriate fee are submitted, it will be logged on your student record and sent to the appropriate Academic School for review.
    • While waiting to hear the results you should continue to attend classes.
    • Results can be viewed on the Academic Progress report through your MyHumber account ( If you are granted credit, you are responsible for officially dropping the applicable course(s).
  • A transfer credit assessment at Humber College costs $25.00 for one course, $50.00 for two courses, and $75.00 for three or more courses, if applied for at the same time. The fee is non-refundable. Once your application is received, the fee will be posted to your student account. Fee payment must be made via online banking or throught your MyHumber account.

  • The documentation required to have your previously completed postsecondary education assessed for transfer credit at Humber College includes:

    • Official transcript(s) sent directly from the sending institution (for international transcripts a WES or ICAS course by course evaluation is required)
    • Course outline(s) from the year the course(s) were taken
    • Completed ‘Transfer Credit (Diploma and Degree)’ application form
  • Complete the application form at Humber College: 

  • Apply to transfer credit at Humber College 4 weeks prior to the start of the semester to avoid any fee or academic penalty dates as outlined in the Academic Calendar: . However, Humber College accepts transfer credits all year round.

  • A transfer credit decision at Humber College may be granted immediately for those credits that have been previously approved and listed on the ONTransfer Course Transfer Guide. Please note that submission of the transfer credit application, official transcripts and fees are still applicable. 

    Otherwise, processing times are typically between 2-4 weeks. Students can track the status of their transfer request through the online student Portal by viewing their Academic Progress report (

  • A transfer credit decision can be reviewed/appealed at Humber College by contacting the Office of the Registrar. Additionally, you may be referred to your Program Coordinator who will provide further details as to why the request was denied. endeavours to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding credit transfer; however, changes and updates to transfer opportunities happen on an ongoing basis. Students MUST check with the institution directly before applying to any program.