Skip To Content

Ontario Institutions

Select An Institution: See All

University of Guelph-Humber

Transfer Advisor

Melissa Hunter
Admissions Coordinator 
(416) 798-1331 x 6277

Shannon Ho
Admissions Coordinator 
(416) 798-1331 x 6388


Expand All / Collapse All

  • Check out the following resources to learn more about credit transfer at the University of Guelph-Humber:

  • If you have completed coursework or have completed a diploma from a recognized college diploma program, the minimum cumulative average to be considered for admission to the University of Guelph-Humber is low to mid-70’s.

    If you have completed degree level coursework from a recognized university, you must have a minimum cumulative average of 70% for admission consideration. 

  • For transfer credit, diploma level coursework at a recognized college must be at a minimum of 70% for transfer credit consideration. 

    For university coursework at a recognized university, we require a passing grade.

  • View the University of Guelph-Humber’s general transfer agreement opportunities:

    Articulations/Pathways for College Block Credit Transfer Applicants

    General Transfer Applicants

  • The University of Guelph-Humber awards advanced standing in recognition of previous learning and may grant either specified or unspecified credit. Exemptions may also be considered, where applicable.

    Specified Credit: equates a course taken at a previous institution to be equivalent to a specific course at the University of Guelph-Humber.

    Unspecified Credit: recognizes the academic discipline and year level of a course taken at a previous institution and grants credit without equating it to a specific University of Guelph-Humber course.

    Exemption: does not grant credit but recognizes the course by exempting it as a required course for degree completion or prerequisite purposes

  • The amount of transfer credit you receive is limited by the University of Guelph-Humber's residency policy. The policy states that a minimum of 5.0 credits (approximately one academic year of full time studies), including 60% of the 3000 and 4000 level courses required for graduation, must be completed at the University.

  • The University of Guelph-Humber will consider all courses for transfer credit, regardless of currency.

  • Follow these steps in order to receive your PLAR assessment at the University of Guelph-Humber:

    Course Challenge

    • Students wishing to challenge a course(s) should contact Admission Services to obtain details regarding the process. A request must include a clear statement as to the course(s) the student wishes to challenge, an explanation of how the knowledge necessary for the course was gained, and any relevant supporting documentation to validate the claim.
    • The challenge process could include one or more assessment methods, including standardized tests, written and/or oral examinations, performance evaluations, interviews, and portfolio assessments. These assessments require that the individual demonstrate, to a qualified faculty member that pre-determined knowledge and skills have been acquired.
    • Requests will be forwarded to the appropriate department(s) for evaluation. Upon receipt of the response from all the departments concerned, Admission Services will inform the student which, if any, courses have been approved for challenge.
  • A PLAR assessment at the University of Guelph-Humber costs $50.00 per application, irrespective of the number of courses specified in the application, + 50% of the applicable tuition fee.

  • Transfer credits will be recorded on your University of Guelph transcript as "CRD" and will not be included in GPA calculation.


    Students have access to the list of courses for which they are receiving credit and the credit value associated with each through WebAdvisor, the tool used to register for coursework, access grades, etc. 


    The total credits awarded and the institution at which they were earned will be listed at the top of an official University of Guelph-Humber transcript.

  • Email  Or you are welcome to book an appointment with an Admissions Coordinator by visiting 

  • Familiarize yourself with the University of Guelph-Humber’s official credit transfer policies:

  • Upon receipt of an application, an acknowledgement e-mail will be sent. Applicants should ensure that official transcripts from all previous and current institutions are forwarded to admissions for review. An official transfer credit assessment will be included with all offers of admission.

  • A transfer credit assessment at the University of Guelph-Humber is included in the supplemental/document evaluation fee paid via the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC).

  • The documentation required to have your previously completed postsecondary education assessed for transfer credit at the University of Guelph-Humber includes:

    • Application for admission
    • Official transcript(s)
    • Course outline(s) may be required
  • An application form is not required at the University of Guelph-Humber. Applicants who have previously attended a postsecondary institution are automatically assessed for transfer credit.

  • Transfer credit is automatically assessed at the University of Guelph-Humber for successful applicants. Students must disclose all previous postsecondary education upon submitting their admissions application. All required supporting documentation (transcripts) should be submitted in accordance with the deadlines associated with your program and semester of admission.

  • Transfer credit decisions at the University of Guelph-Humber are provided with your offer of admission.

  • A transfer credit decision can be reviewed/appealed at the University of Guelph-Humber by contacting Admission Services. endeavours to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding credit transfer; however, changes and updates to transfer opportunities happen on an ongoing basis. Students MUST check with the institution directly before applying to any program.