Skip To Content

Ontario Institutions

Select An Institution: See All

Centennial College

Transfer Advisor

Pathways Advisors - Centennial Advising and Pathways Services (CAPS) 
(416) 289-5123


Expand All / Collapse All

  • Review the admission requirements for all programs at Centennial College:

  • The minimum grade required to transfer a course to Centennial College for certificate, diploma and advanced diploma programs is a “C”. For degree programs, from a completed certificate or diploma level course the minimum grade required is a “B” and from a completed degree level course the minimum grade required is a “C”.

  • View Centennial College’s articulation agreement opportunities:

  • Centennial College awards advanced standing, equivalencies, and General Education and English elective credits in recognition of previous learning.

  • The amount of transfer credit you can receive is limited by Centennial College’s residency policy. The policy states that at least 25% of credits in a certificate, diploma or advanced diploma and 50% of credits in a degree must be completed at the College.

  • Core courses must have been completed within 5 years prior to the current semester to be considered for transfer credit unless otherwise specified by the academic School. General Education (GNED) and English communications (COMM) courses must have been completed within 10 years prior to the current semester to be considered for transfer credit.

  • Follow these steps in order to receive your PLAR assessment at Centennial College:

    • Contact your academic school for more information about PLAR.
    • If you feel that you have sufficient prior learning, meet with a faculty member.
    • Complete a PLAR form.
    • Submit form and PLAR fee to Enrolment Services.
    • Complete PLAR assessment(s).
    • Faculty member assigns grade.
  • A PLAR assessment at Centennial College costs $160.85 per challenged course and the fee is non-refundable (this cost applies to the 2022/2023 academic year).

  • Transfer credits will be recorded on your Centennial College transcript as "TCR" and will not be included in GPA calculation.

  • Contact a Centennial College Transfer Advisor to discuss your credit transfer inquiries:

  • Familiarize yourself with Centennial College’s official credit transfer policies.

    Recognition of Prior Learning Policy: 

    Transfer Credit Procedures: 

    PLAR Procedures: 

  • Follow these steps in order to receive your transfer credit assessment at Centennial College:

    • Sign into myCentennial. You will need your myCentennial username and password:
    • Select Student Record Information under My Online Services.
    • Select Apply for Transfer Credit.
    • Follow the prompts to complete your application.
    • Submit your application and wait for notification of decision.
  • There is no fee required for a transfer credit assessment at Centennial College. Students may incur a cost for their transcript and outlines from their previous postsecondary institution, as well as additional fees should a WES or ICAS evaluation be required. Centennial College may charge a fee for transfer credit applications beyond the first attempt for the same Centennial course.

  • The documentation required to have your previously completed postsecondary education assessed for transfer credit at Centennial College includes:

    • Official transcript(s) (for international transcripts a WES or ICAS evaluation is required).
    • Course outline(s) (with learning outcomes or course goals) in the semester/term when the course was taken.
    • Completed online application form.
  • Apply to transfer credit at Centennial College prior to the start of each semester (September, January and May). Exact deadlines are posted within the Academic Calendar available online as well as on the Transfer Credit webpage. After the deadline, students may continue submitting transfer credit applications for courses to be taken in subsequent semesters.

  • A transfer credit decision at Centennial College will take approximately 1-3 weeks to process. Students can track the status of their transfer request through their myCentennial under Student Record Information by selecting Transfer Credit Status.

  • A transfer credit decision can be reviewed/appealed at Centennial College, if you are able to identify grounds to do so, as per the Grade Appeals Policy and Procedures. endeavours to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding credit transfer; however, changes and updates to transfer opportunities happen on an ongoing basis. Students MUST check with the institution directly before applying to any program.