Pathway Summary


Pathway ID
Pathway Title
Child and Youth Care Advanced Diploma to Bachelor of Community Development
Pathway Last Updated

Sending Institution Information

Sending Institution
Fleming College
Education, Community and Social Services
Program Area
Community/Child/Youth Education/Interventions/Services
Program Title
Child and Youth Care

Receiving Institution Information

Receiving Institution
Humber College
Arts, Fine Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
Program Area
Core Social Sciences (Anthropology, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology etc.)
Program Title
Bachelor of Community Development

Contact Procedures

Interested students should email

Pathway Details

Terms for renewal or cancellation

This agreement is in effect from the date at which consent for the degree was given/renewed and the opportunity for degree completion was made available.  Humber shall ensure that all students admitted to this program with advanced standing will have the opportunity to complete the program within a reasonable time frame.  Please see the Humber web site for Ministerial Consent  details pertaining to this program.

Eligibility for Pathway

Graduates of the 3-year advanced diploma in Child and Youth Care with an overall GPA of 65 per cent or more will be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Community Development degree program. Graduates may then complete the degree program with the equivalent of four semesters of full-time study plus one work term. Graduates must also possess ENG 4U or Humber's WRIT 100 or 200 level course, or equivalent, with a minimum grade of 65 percent or more. Admission will be based on availability in the program.

This pathway is available starting Fall 2019.

Credit transfer

60 credits

Credits that must be achieved at the receiving institution

60 credits plus one work term

Anticipated normal schedule of student progression

Four full semesters plus one work term

Credential(s) to be granted on successful completion of all required components

Bachelor of Community Development

Back to Top

Don’t forget: You should always review institution transfer information before you finalize your options. Contact a transfer advisor if you have further questions.